Sunday, February 5, 2012

2012 FEBRUARY

MOON OVER SOHO by Ben Aaronovitch.  Second in the series.  A little slower getting through this one but I will continue to watch for more.  Snappy dialogue, imaginative.  link  
(Feb 5 )

...........................

BROKEN by Susan Jane Bigelow.   Oddly compelling.   I was going to shrug it off but couldn't quite put it down.   link     Perhaps I'll watch for the next.  (Feb 6 )

................................

THE PURE OF HEART by Susan Hill.  The second Simon Serrailler crime novel and a good continuation.   Hill carries her stories over and it's hard not to jump into the next to see what will happen with the main characters.     link    Both Paul and I found this novel hard to start but it picked up quickly as the story unfolded.     (Feb 8 )

...................................

THE CONFESSION by Charles Todd.  Latest Inspector Rutledge novel set just after WWl.   A bit of a let down but a quick read, did it in one day.  I will continue to reserve the Todd novels for now.  link  
( Feb 9 )

...................................

THE WILD WAYS by Tanya Huff.  Book follows Enchantment Emporium.   Totally enjoyed every minute with Jack.   link   (Feb 11 )

........................................

BLACK SUN RISING by C.S. Friedman.  First book in an older trilogy.  Not bad, not great.  Worth finishing.   link  (Feb 14)

...........................................

THE RISK OF DARKNESS by Susan Hill.  Third Simon Serrailler crime novel.   Picked up where the previous ended and wrapped most things up but as the book ended new events are starting so I've reserved the next in the series.  link   (Feb 18 )

......................................

TRUE NIGHT FALLS by C.S Freidman.  Book two in the Coldfire Trilogy.  Now on to the last. (Feb 21 )

..................................

CROWN OF THORNS by C.S Freidman.  Book three in the Coldfire Trilogy.   Ok it's done.  Maybe I'd have lots of positives to say if I hadn't read them one after the other.  As I finished this book I was just glad to be done.    Not highly recommended unless you like this type of fantasy.   ( Feb 27 )

.....................

THE VOWS OF SILENCE by  Susan Hill.  #4.  Found myself rushing through.  A little annoyed at Simon's character and the story line while decent enough just didn't hold my interest.  Think I'll wait a bit before moving on to the next.   ( Feb 29 )

No comments:

Post a Comment