Sunday, January 8, 2012

2012 JANUARY

SLASH AND BURN by Colin Cotterill.  The latest Dr Siri mystery/adventure.  Still enjoying the stories and the characters.  link

.................................

DEATH COMES TO PEMBERLEY by P.D. James.    A what might have happened  after novel using the original characters in Pride and Prejudice.      I will admit to not reading the whole book.  I got partway through and got a little bored so flip read to the last few chapters to see how it all turned out.   Perhaps if I was an Austin fan I might have cared more.   link

....................................

LEGACY OF KINGS by C.S. Freidman.   Final book in The Magister Trilogy.   Good finish to a decent story.   link       (Jan 10 )

.....................................

THE HUM AND THE SHIVER by Alex Bledsoe.    Excellent fantasy read.   The book is far better than the cover note lets on.  link        (Jan 12 )

...........................................

THE JANUS STONE by Elly Griffiths.   Second in the Ruth Galloway mystery series about a female forensic archaeologist in Norfolk England.  Easy reading stories that can be picked up and put down.  Now on to the next one.  link   (Jan 14 )

............................................

THE VARIOUS HAUNTS OF MEN by Susan Hill.  First in a series of detective mystery stories featuring DCI Simon Serrailler of Lafferton CID.      Pulled me in right from the beginning and had me turning pages as the story keep my total interest.     Will certainly continue with this series. link (Jan 20 )

............................................


MIDNIGHT RIOT by Ben Aaronovitch.    Fun light urban fantasy/mystery.  link  (Jan 24 )

.............................

WAR IN HEAVEN by Gavin Smith.  Brutal.  Took me time to work my way through it but glad I did. Second and final to the story started in Veteran ( Dec read )  link     ( Jan 25 )

...............................

CHALK GIRL by Carol O'Connell.   I've loved her Mallory series since book one.  This is #10.  Sad that the library does not have all the books available as I feel ready to go back and start at the beginning all over again.    link      ( Jan 30 )

No comments:

Post a Comment