Sunday, December 11, 2011

December reads

VETERAN by Gavin Smith.  Hard hitting interesting read.  Found out about  it here.   I have the second one, War in Heaven waiting.     Not being able to get them from the library I actually bought the paperback editions.

............................................

IN THE WOODS by Tana French.  Her first novel.  A mystery set in Ireland.   A smart read.  Well written, good characters.      link

.............................................

FALLING BACKWARD by Jann Arden.   As funny and interesting as I've always found her to be in interviews.  Non fiction  link

....................................

DEATH OF A LESSER MAN by Thomas Rendell Curran.  Third is the Inspector Stride series set in Newfoundland Canada just after WWII.      link    I still need to track down the first book and I will be watching for more.    I enjoy his mix of history with his mysteries.

.............................

JACKAL MAN by Kate Ellis.    Light mystery.  Was close on figuring this one out.   Worthwhile reading her books in order as they follow the same characters.    link

...................................

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE by Beth Revis.  Teen light sci/fi slash love story.   Decent enough to keep reading to the end and I will try the next one in the trilogy.  Not a book I would normally bother with but it was an easy book to pick up and put down as I prepared for Christmas.  link

...................................

HOME FROM THE VINYL CAFE by Stuart McLean.    A writer/radio personality I've know about for year but never read until I brought home  this book.  Laughed out loud. Totally enjoyed. Will be reading more.   link

.....................................

MURDER MOST PERSUASIVE by Tracey Kiely.  Light and enjoyable mystery.  Snappy dialogue, fun characters.    Book s - now I'll try the others.   link

................................

SECRETS FROM THE VINYL CAFE by Stuart McLean.      Good collection of tales.    


No comments:

Post a Comment